In an earlier post I covered what your KRA’s might look like, in this article I want to go over what your objectives might be in your plan. You know better than I what the hot buttons are in your organization, the critical over the urgent and so on. But your plan is about the bigger picture so you need to always be looking ahead and plan accordingly. You want to also consider dates or deadlines on these objectives, otherwise you may never deliver in a timely fashion.
Here is an example list of Objectives:
1. Implement Core Applications – 1Q – 2011
2. Provide constituent self-serve 24/7 – 3Q – 2010
3. Provide Infrastructure to Support XYZ Application – 2Q – 2010
4. Train staff on all core applications – 4Q – 2010 (before launching)
5. Provide Data to staff where and when they might need it and in the format they want it in. – 4Q – 2010
Traditionally, after you have identified your objectives you would then look at your action plans and set dates for those items as well. I’ll cover that step in our mock I.T. Strategic Plan.