Possibly the third step in your plan will be a category called KRA ( Key Result Areas). This area will be different for each organization, this is due to different infrastructures and software that may already be in place. This is more of an observation and desire to improve on existing services provided by your current I.T. team.
I have listed 5 items below that might be on your list under KRA’s, also keep in mind every experienced I.T. leader will view these items differently and might not agree so try to keep an open mind.
Key Result Area’s
1. Integrate Core Application – you may have multiple applications that don’t speak to each other and you want to solve this short coming.
2. Constituent Self-serve Via the Internet – you may want to give more and easier access to data via the internet to staff.
3. Realign and Train Existing Staff – an obvious one for improving the skill set of all staff members using core applications
4. Improve Support To Field Staff – if you have staff in the field, your goal should be to get them more connected to HQ or central office.
5. Provide a stable IT Infrastructure – this should be an ongoing goal from day one and never end.
I hope that helps you in designing your I.T. Strategic Plan, your list will look different based on organizational needs, but you get the idea.
Feel free to leave questions and comments below, until next time.